User Provided Information
The App will request for your mobile number when you want to use the App. The mobile number is required in the event that we need to contact you for the purpose of contact tracing. The App does not require you to provide other personal information, such as your name or address.
Automatically Collected Information
The App may collect certain information automatically for fraud prevention and diagnostic purposes. These information includes, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the App.
The App does not require your location to work. Android devices require the location permission to be granted in order for the App to access Bluetooth features. Your location data is not sent to our servers.
Third Parties Access to Information
We may disclose User Provided and Automatically Collected Information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process;
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request;
If we use external services to help us improve the App, only aggregated, anonymized data is periodically transmitted to them. We do not use or share this data for commercial purposes, including targeted, tracking, behavioral or contextual advertising.
Uninstalling the App
You can uninstall the App to stop all collection of information by the App. You may use the standard uninstall processes as may be available as part of your mobile device or via the mobile application marketplace or network.
We are committed to safeguarding the confidentiality of your information. We provide physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect information we process and maintain. For the App, the specific measures we have taken include:
- Your Secure Tracing Identifier (SIT) is encrypted and other phones that have recorded your SIT would not be able to identify you;
- Your SIT is refreshed periodically to further prevent third parties from tracking you continuously;
- Your App’s communication with our servers and other phones is secured and encrypted.
In addition, we limit access to this information to authorized employees and contractors who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our App.
Please be aware that, although we endeavor provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.